IAP untuk Program Pemimpin Pakar Muda Kesihatan 2018 (YPL 2018)
21 Jun 2018 - 04 Jul 2018
Greetings from the Academy of Sciences Malaysia!
YBhg Academician/ Tan Sri/ Datuk/ Dato'/ Professor/ Dr/ Sir/ Madam,
IAP for Health Young Physician Leaders Programme 2018 (YPL 2018)
IAP for Health is seeking candidates to participate in the 8th IAP for Health Young Physician Leaders Programme (YPL 2018) to be held from 12-16 October 2018 in conjunction with the 10th World Health Summit in Berlin, Germany, 14 to 16 October 2018.
As one of the member of academies under IAP for Health, the Academy of Sciences Malaysia (ASM) will hold a national level selection for Malaysian young scientists in the fields of clinical medicine, medical education, public health or health policy. Selected Malaysian candidates will then be submitted to the scientific committee chaired by the IAP for Health Co-Chairs, which consists of an international panel of medical and scientific professionals.
The selection criteria for the YPL programme are as follows:
1. Malaysian young scientists under the age of 40 at the time of application.
2. Applicants need to be young scientists who are pursuing a career in medical education, clinical leadership, public health and health policy as well as health services management.
3. Applicants must show great promise for leadership in their chosen career.
4. Applicants must be enthusiastic, with outstanding communication skills and the ability, desire and personality to represent the medical profession well when interacting with senior professionals from multiple sectors who will be attending the World Health Summit.
Funding arrangements for the YPL programme are as follows:
1. The local costs (accommodation, meals and World Health Summit registration) will be covered by the organizers for successful candidates.
2. Candidates have option to request for partial financial support in the application form; however, priority will be given to candidates from least developed countries.
3. Successful candidates will receive funding for flight tickets. However, candidates are fully responsible for other expenses, such as personal insurance and daily allowances during the course of the programme. Candidates may also approach their respective higher learning institutions or research institutes for funding.
Following the application, The Academy’s Medical and Health Sciences Disciplines Group will then select the two (2) most outstanding candidates to be submitted to the IAP for Health’s Selection Panel for final decision.
Besides the IAP for Health Application Form, candidates are also required to submit a CV no longer than four (4) pages and a list of publications as supporting documents. The IAP for Health Application Form must be submitted by using the online form https://tinyurl.com/YPL2018 and in Word format (can be downloaded here: http://www.rmc.upm.edu.my/faildokumen?L=en).
Completed application must be emailed no later than 4 July 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further enquiries, please contact Ms. Aimi Suraya Abdul Kahar at +603-6203 0633.
The Academy looks forward to your support and cooperation towards the success of this programme.
ASM Science Communication
Kemaskini:: 27/09/2018 [nsyahirah]